Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Update..

Things have been going well for the Lee's this past month.. Then we got the LETTER... Terry works for Freeport.. the mine Copper, this letter stated that there was to be a huge lay off coming, starting in Feb. They are going to lay off 1500 people.

Terry thought he was going to be safe but then yesterday in class he found out the no matter what the schooling was still going to be paid for next year but that his job may or may not be in the picture. The program that Terry is in is connected with EA the college down here, he has his schooling paid for and he works out at the mine and come May 09 he would be hired on full time, He only gets 20 hours a week now.. So now what? Well he has to wait to find out if he is or isn't going to be laid off, he should find out in the next couple of weeks.

He is really good, he doesn't worry, but anyone that knows me KNOW that I WORRY.. I am really trying to have faith that things will work out and that he won't get laid off he can finish his everything and at the end of the 3rd year ( He owes the mine 1 full year after May 2010) we could find a job at a power plant because he would be a certified Journeymen. So here I am thinking everything fell into place for us this time last year, Terry knew things were getting slow at Ballard Truss and that lay offs were coming so we found out about this program and he was excepted, we knew the first year would be hard but May 09 would come and we could make it, now not even a year later he could be laid off again, I'm thinking what are we supposed to learn from this, What if this happens, What are we going to do... WHAT IF's. So here is my thinking, if he does get laid off there is something better out there for us.. Heavenly Father has his hand in all things, I am a very firm believer in that all things happen for a reason.. Now it in his hands..

It just hard to stay upbeat and not to worry :(

As for Titan he is eating like crazy and rolling EVERYWHERE getting into EVERYTHING! He gets up on his knees a lot more and should be crawling in the next couple of weeks (we hope). He is such a joy to us and we love having him in our lives.. No teeth yet but that should be coming so as well.

As for me, well like i said earlier trying to stay optimistic and not worry so much, I am taking an aerobics class and its kicking my butt, That last time I remember working this hard It was when I was a cheerleader.. I felt like my coach was a work out NAZI! But man I think I'm going to die every time I go.. I am also taking a computer class online and a scrapbook class..

I hope things are going well for all of our family and friends!

11 comments:

Shepherds said...

Sorry to hear about that. That is some scary stuff. I hope it all works out and just like you said..Heaven;y Father has a plan and its best to try and hear him.

Yay for T eaten like crazy and rolling all over the place. Kyson rolled for a long time and then crawled for a long time. Now he is walking. Not to fast but he is picking up speed. I love milestones! No teeth yet huh? Kyson got his first when he was 5 1/2 months. 2 at a time usually too. Its nuts! Oddly though he now has 7. The bottom right just doesn't look like its coming yet. He is the perfect teether though..no problems..no fussing. He finally started to eat more table food. So I have laid off on the jar food. That is a money saver. Best of luck to you and your family with the job situation!!

Zonnie said...

You have such faith Heather! Keep us informed and let us know how we can help. Scarry times!! We love you guys and miss you!!

Unknown said...

Good luck, ITs scarey, i know exactly how you feel. Jeremy has probley the worst possible job right now, but we arnt to worried, and i think everything will work out.

titan is so stinkin cute. i cant wait until he grows up and is so crazy like kaden. Then you will understand where kaden comes from.

Soares Family said...

Just keep saying your prayers, paying your tithing, and fasting...that's how we got through our time. And remember we have been to the bottom recently so if you need a boost or advise call me or email me! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy!

Amanda said...

You've been such an amazing support to me so keep being as strong as you can be. I'm always here for you. I love you and you guys have been such a blessing in my life so let me return the favor!!!

Kara said...

Hang in there. Heavenly Father is mindful. My mother recently told me something to lift my spirits when in a similar situation: Just when you think you have thought out all possibilities and have come up with the best, the Lord steps in and presents the best plan of all, usually one you had never even considered. Keep hoping.

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Wow I don't blame you for worrying! I'm so sorry! I really hope everything works out for you guys! You'll definitely be in our prayers!

Tim and Cindy Reed said...

Keep pluggin away, you guys will be fine. When I was let go it was a sudden thing. The good thing is that he will be a journeyman. He can take that anywhere. Good luck! We miss you guys!

Gina and Chris+ 4 said...

Thank you again for your comment. I am thankful for all the prayers. I am sorry your husbands hours got cut. It will be hard to live on such little hours, hang in there. You have a great attitude, I love your comment about loosing the baby weight, my baby is almost three and I could still loose 15 pounds. Try to find the good from the bad and you will go far in life. Adversity only makes us stronger!! I think satan is hard at work with the coming of the temple to this valley. Thanks for sharing with me. We will keep you in our prays as well as this whole community.
Gina

MERN said...

Hang in there girl! It will all work out! LOVE YOU!

Monica and James Nielsen said...

hey i dont know too much about what terry does, but when we were living in cedar city, ut there was talk about the mines reopening. i guess they have recently opened and are trying to triple and are hiring quickly because they need immediate help. they are doing it for a company out of china. I dont know if that's something you can look into or not. But either way, we wish you the best of luck!