Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MINE....600 and something

This past week at he mine where Terry works, they have laid of around 600 or so people, And there still saying it prob will get worse.

So here we are thinking we are smart for having a back up plan when Terry was working at Ballard Truss when things starting getting slow there, and Rumors where floating around that people were going to get laid off, We had our back up plan. The program thru Freeport and EAC, Terry could go to school a by the time he was done have his Journeymen and his AA...

Now I think what would be our backup plan now??

And I have come to this... I feel like Heavenly Father opened up the door for Terry to get into this program, everything feel into place for us.. Terry is doing great in the schooling part and likes to go out and learn new things at the Mine.

I just need to have better faith in our Heavenly Father that he knows what best for us, He opened up these doors for Terry. And we need to do our part, Tithing, church and going to the temple as much as we can, Ect... And we will be blessed.

I love Terry and all the hard work he does for his family, I just really hope that things pan out for Terry and that he will contunie on with the Program..

Scary times are heading our way, Lets keep our families close, and be smart in how we do things, that way when things go wrong we are alittle bit more prepared for them..

6 comments:

Zonnie said...

Reading this post of yours made me think back to a few week to when all of Arizona had stake conf together. (Wasn't that cool?) I appreciated a comment made by President Packer..he said something to the effect of "Don't live in fear, live in faith." He talked about making sure that your children and teenagers are not afraid. He said yes, there will be change but we can still be happy families and live happy lives. His remarks really comforted me about our economic situation. Hope they help you to! Love you guys! Hang in there!!

Kacie said...

Hey Miss!! Its all gonna work out just liek you said! I think everyone is having a hard time right now. We will be moving into my Moms to pay off our credit card and hopefully get into a housoe after 6 months. But if we dont move out of where we are we will never pay it off.

Thank you for the hair comment. I really like my long hair so Im very nervous to cut it, but I just need a change. I really like your idea of just going one color though. whether it is blond of brown. Hope you guys are doing good! Add more pictures! I know you have got to have some! ;)

Kacie said...

Hey Heather! Sorry my ophone isn't working right now. Are you talking about the Wassail drink we made? That would be Koby's recipe so he gets off workat 4:00. So I'll have him leave you a comment witht he recipe, will that work?

Kacie said...

hey Koby is looking for it. I will do my best to get it to you tonight! just don't think I forgot. did kasey have her baby?

Kacie said...

WASSAIL
2 quarts apple juice or cider
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 stick of cinnamon
1 quart of orange juice
1 quart of lemon juice (or a little bit less)

You just mix it all together in a big pan and serve hot. Once it is hot though remove the spices that float on top with a spoon.

Or you can put it in your crockpot (if your is big) and let it go all day. Makes the house smell good and its ready to drink after a couple hours. If you have any questions please let me know!!! Just remember to use a big enough pan!!! Good luck!!

Kacie said...

Just letting you know we switched our blog address to kobyandkaciepetersonfamily.blogspot.com